Daystar Instruments QUARK is the first Sodium D line "Eyepiece"
Now shipping, with a 4-6 week waiting list.
By popular demand, we are introducing a Sodium D line version of the Quark, for use in refractors F/4-F/9. Sodium gives outstanding views of active regions, plage, and granulation, in a pleasing yellow/orange color.
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar Sodium D line filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
~ Available for the low price ~
For use on refractors of F/4 to F/9, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view. The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness. Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application. No specific FWHM bandpass is designated, however the etalon will be approximately 0.3-0.5 angstroms. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack.
*The QUARK assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
- 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault 5 year warranty,
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available. Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow
- Integrated 12mm blocking filter 21mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/4 - F/8 refractors
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application.
|Wavelength||Sodium D (5890.0 or 5895.9Å)|
|Uniformity||SE (Standard Edition)|