Daystar Instruments QUARK is the first Hydrogen Alpha "Eyepiece"
CHROMOSPHERE MODEL ***FOR QUESTAR TELESCOPES ONLY***
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of all adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
Quark is available in a choice of "prominence" or "chromosphere"
~ Choose either for the same, low price ~
For use on Questar telescopes, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in the diagonal, add an eyepiece and view. The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments etalon and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
*The QUARK assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
- Triple combo: 1.25” snout with Questar eyepiece thread (1.270-32 UNS) and Questar rear port thread (M30x0.8).
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault 5 year warranty,
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available. Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 19mm clear filter aperture
- Best performance with F/13 and slower Questar telescopes.
- No aperture limitations.
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Not suited for off-axis application.
|Wavelength||Hydrogen Alpha (6562.8Å)|
|Uniformity||SE (Standard Edition)|