Daystar Instruments QUARK is the first Hydrogen Alpha "Eyepiece"
COMBO PROMINENCE MODEL for SCTs, Maks, or F/15 and longer refractors
SHIPS STARTING JULY 2015
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
Quark is available in a choice of "prominence" or "chromosphere"
~ Choose either for the same, low price ~
For use on SCTs, Maks, or refractors of F/15 to F/30, the user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view. SCT and Mak users need only to purchase an off axis ERF specific to their telescope for safe operation. Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
Not for use with full aperture SCTs/Maks, or damage to your secondary mirror will result. SCTs/Maks must use an off axis ERF, sold separately.
*The QUARK assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters' Fabry Perot etalon technology.
- 1.25" eyepiece snout with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Includes 2° off axis 1.25" snout adapter for use with SCT and Mak off axis ERFs.
- Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault 5 year warranty,
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture. No barlow or focusing elements included.
- Best performance with F/15 - F/30 refractors full aperture, or SCTs and Maks with off axis ERF
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
|Wavelength||Hydrogen Alpha (6562.8Å)|
|Uniformity||SE (Standard Edition)|