Citizen CATE modeled non submitting imager
*This package does not qualify for participation in the Citizen CATE Experiment. The equipment packages are modeled after the core instruments used in Citizen CATE, but with exclusions based of items not applicable if not submitting imaging data.
This package is designed for individuals or groups who wish to image the eclipse with the same telescope, mount and camera used by Citizen CATE, but who do not wish to train and/or submit data to participate in the experiment.
- Daystar 80mm ED80 APO telescope OTA with rack & pinion assist focuser
- Celestron CG4 equatorial mount and tripod
- Celestron CG4 motor drives
- 80mm image quality white light solar filter
- Pt Grey Camera Grasshopper3 monochrome 5 megapixel camera with SONY Pregius IMX250 2/3" chip
- Unmodified USB and ethernet cables
- Unmodified Dual core, SSD, USB3 Dell Laptop
This is for those people who want the same exact set-up that NSO uses, but have their own control
No images from this configuration shall be submitted to the Citizen CATE project.
This is suitable for viewing partial phases and/or total phase of the eclipse.
It is not necessary to be in the path of totality to use this package.