CITIZEN CATE EXPERIMENT Equipment list includes:
Daystar 80mm ED80 APO telescope OTA
Celestron CG4 equatorial mount and tripod
Celestron CG4 motor drives
80mm image quality white light solar filter
Pt Grey Camera Grasshopper3 monochrome 5 megapixel camera with SONY Pregius IMX250 2/3" chip
Modified: GPIO cable
Modified: Arduino UNO, Ardruino box, USB and ethernet cables
Modified: GPS shield board
Modified: Dual core, SSD, USB3 Laptop
Matlab home version processing software
- Qualified participants must attend mandatory Citizen CATE training program in March, 2017 in order to have their data accepted into the experiment. Participating individuals and groups must acquire their equipment package prior to attending that March training meeting.
- Several components of the equipment shall be customized at the National Solar Observatory laboratory prior to shipment to participants.
- Some components are subject to variation as ultimate equipment decisions are made by the principal investigator prior to final shipping from NSO. However, specifications shall meet those stated in descriptions.
- Equipment will ship only after final modifications and decisions by the team are made.
- All equipment purchased for participation in this experiment remains the property of the purchaser afterwards.
- Ownership of data submitted to Citizen CATE shall be public domain.
This is for those people interested in contributing to the scientific experiment of Citizen CATE.
There are a limited number of positions available.
In order to participate and have your data included in the study, participants must come to training in April.
Equipment will be delivered via local State Citizen CATE coordinators at the April training session.
Training must be done with equipment.
Equipment will be owned by the purchaser after the experiment is over.
Kits are sold as a whole and will not be split piece-by-piece.
Data submitted will be processed by CATE and that data will be public domain.
This is only for participants who can travel to or are inside the path of totality.